Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Pleading My Case:::

Pleading my case:
I have been dedicated to making this installation a reality for the last 2 years, however, money and space have held me back. Last year I found myself with a grant and donations totaling $500, and made it go FAR creating a single room “Hippie Home” version and shared the piece at “Wickerman” in Pennsylvania, “Figment” arts festival on Governors Island, NYC, Central Park, and various art showings.
Space is no longer an issue, I have been given the opportunity to work for free at a friends art space in Brooklyn, NY. Preemptively I’ve already gotten my hands on three sewing machines and a long list of workers ready to donate their evenings to stitching and bitching in exchange for the odd pizza pie. I already have use of a fantastic architect who has assisted with the plans and scaling of the project and will also be on the playa assisting in the build.
I have lived my adult life in New York City, the American Metropolis. I love the nightlife, the art, the culture, it is, after all, “the city that never sleeps”. However, my childhood in small town America has created some personal confusion; a sincere duality between lights and glamour and a quiet seashore.

No comments:

Post a Comment