Saturday, December 26, 2009

Burning Man, Me, and Home

As an adult I have learned that my family is made up of people I love unconditionally; whether they are blood, friends, acquaintances, or strangers. I describe Burning Man as a reunion of the 50,000 family members I haven’t met yet. BM is my home, for those seven days I am loved and spend my days loving. After attending BM in 2008 and 2009 I am hoping that I can show my love and appreciation through art in 2010. In addition to my installation, I will continue my participation as a member of Pleasure Garden inside Snowflake Village and work my shifts on the Esplanade manning the sunscreen station.
I can imagine Home placed on the playa with people relaxing inside, dancing, performing, children playing house. Having experienced the terrible windstorms, I have considered the strong winds and will have 5 inch openings worked within the fabric in each row of patchwork to allow the wind to pass thru but, hopefully, avoiding filling the home with playa dust.

No comments:

Post a Comment