Monday, December 21, 2009

A Burner's Home

Home Today:
It seems like now, in this tumultuous world we live in, the idea of a home has left us all. My family has been hit hard by the fall of the economy. Both my father and my brother have felt the fall and pressure and at 24, when it seems like so many of my peers are going “home” for the holidays I am glad to know that, if nothing else, we are all safe and healthy because my Home is tucked safe away inside of me. I refuse to let the ideal of a home be swept away by a fleeting poor market. The stereotype of a Home is evolving. No longer is a mother, father, 2.5 kids, and a dog the standard nor the desire. I have been hoping that this poor economy, these tough times, would help to bring Americans together; reinstate a sense of home within us all; force us to look outside the stereotype and create a new way of viewing relationships, contentment, human interactions.

No comments:

Post a Comment